About Peter Boettcher
Certified Brewer Technician – Brewmaster.
- Degree in Brewing Science from Doemens Academy in Munich – Germany.
- Studying Brewing Science in Weihenstephan.
- German born and trained Master Brewer with more than 30 years of professional experience in the brewing industry.
- 2 1/2 year apprenticeship at the Ganter Brewing Company in Freiburg in 1983
- CSI-Certified Black Belt Six Sigma: structured problem solving – process capability analyses – failure mode analyses – stable process control.
First hand professional leadership experience in the Brewing Industry ranging from Small and Regional size Breweries to Large Brewing Companies.
- Technical Brewer at MillerCoors Brewing Company at the Fort Worth Brewery in Texas
- Plant Operations Manager and Brewmaster at Pacific Western Brewing Company in Prince George, BC – Canada
- Brewmaster at Abita Brewing Company in Abita Springs Louisiana
- Maltster at International Malting Company Winona, MN (Malteurop)
- Brewmaster at Pennsylvania Brewing Company Pittsburg, PA
Consulting Expertise for the Brewing and Malting Industries National and international:
- Expert Advisor and Consultant for a Project sponsored by the European Union SARD III– for a mayor Brewery improvement project in the Far East.
- ABInBev Malt-house modernization project in Sarans-Russia
- Successful start-up and optimizations of brew-pubs and craft breweries world-wide in Australia, Puerto Rico, Ecuador, Mexico.
- Numerous start-up projects, expansions and optimizations all across the United States• Green Field Brewery Project: Altstadt Brewery in Fredericksburg, TX
Educational Instructor and Program developer
- Founder – Instructor of the Journeyman Brewer Academy Fort Worth, TX
- Development of the Journeyman Brewer Certification course and the Technical Brewer course at Eastfield Community College in Dallas, TX
Professional Experience: Proven track record of success by:
- Delivering growth for brands through execution on quality improvement measures.
- Achieving economical cost savings by maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Process improvements and optimization by executing on sustainable solutions applying the latest brewing technologies.
- Crafting world-class recipes and create stable, exceptional tasting beers.
- Successful in brand development – creative and goal oriented.
- Training of brewing operators, Head Brewers and Process Leaders.
- Gold Medal Winner at the Great American Beer festival and the World Beer Cup.
- Resume, Curriculum vitae, letter of recommendation and references are available upon request.
Peter has more than 30 years of professional leadership experience as a Master Brewer under his belt, something very unique in the brewing world.
He has a proven track record of success working with top craft brewers like Abita Brewing and Pacific Western Brewing and was the first Technical Brewer at the Miller Coors Fort Worth Brewery.
In every job and responsibility he has taken on in a brewery Peter managed to deliver growth, quality improvement and savings to the team and the bottom line.
Additionally, he developed and is the founder of the Journeyman Brewer Academy. Graduates of his program are highly regarded in the brewing industry.
Above and beyond everything else, Peter is results oriented, progressive and forward thinking
Peter’s Awards Include:
- Gold Medal Winner: Great American Beer Festival numerous medals won.
- Gold Medal Winner: World Beer Cup 2000 numerous medals won.
- World Beer Champion ship: numerous medals won.