About Peter Boettcher
Certified Brewer Technician – Brewmaster.
- Degree in Brewing Science from Doemens Academy in Munich – Germany.
- German born and trained Master Brewer with more than 30 years of professional experience in the brewing industry.
- CSI-Certified Black Belt Six Sigma: structured problem solving – process capability analyses – failure mode analyses – stable process control.
First hand professional leadership experience in the Brewing Industry ranging from Small and Regional size Breweries to Large Brewing Companies.
- Technical Brewer at MillerCoors Brewing Company at the Fort Worth Brewery in Texas
- Plant Operations Manager and Brewmaster at Pacific Western Brewing Company in Prince George, BC – Canada
- Brewmaster at Abita Brewing Company in Abita Springs Louisiana
- Maltster at International Malting Company (Malteurop)
International Consulting Expertise for the Brewing and Malting Industries:
- Brewery Project sponsored by the European Union SARD III – Expert Advisor and Consultant for mayor improvement project
- ABInBev – Malt-house modernization project in Saransk-Russia
- Successful start-up and optimization of micro and craft breweries world-wide in Australia, Puerto Rico, Ecuador, Mexico.
- Numerous start-up projects, expansions and optimizations all across the United States
Educational Instructor and Program developer
- Development of the Journeyman Brewer Certification course and the Technical Brewer course at Eastfield Community College in Dallas, TX
- Instructor at Eastfield Community College
Professional Experience: Proven track record of success by:
- Delivering growth for brands through execution on quality improvement measures.
- Achieving economical cost savings by maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Process improvements and optimization by executing on sustainable solutions applying the latest brewing technologies.
- Crafting world-class recipes and create stable, exceptional tasting beers.
- Successful in brand development – creative and goal oriented.
- Training of brewing operators, Head Brewers and Process Leaders.
- Gold Medal Winner at the Great American Beer festival and the World Beer Cup.
Resume, Curriculum vitae, and letter of recommendation available upon request.
In addition to a bachelor’s degree in brewing science from world renowned German Brewing Institute, Peter has more than 30 years of professional experience, something very unique in the brewing world.
He has a proven track record of success working with top craft brewers like Abita Brewing and Pacific Western Brewing and was the first Technical Brewer at the Miller Coors Fort Worth Brewery.
Additionally, he was the founder and currently runs the Journeyman Brewer and Technical Brewer programs at Eastfield College. Graduates of his program are highly regarded in the brewing industry.
Above and beyond everything else, Peter is results oriented, progressive and forward thinking.
Peter’s Awards Include:
- Gold Medal Winner – Great American Beer Festival 2001 – (German Style Lager Category)
- Gold Medal Winner – World Beer Cup 2000 – (Dark Lager Beer Category)
- Gold Medal Winner – Great American Beer Festival 2000 – (German Style Wheat Beer)
- Gold Medal Winner – Great American Beer Festival 1998 – (German Style Lager Beer)
- Silver Medal Winner – Great American Beer Festival 1997 – (German Style Wheat Beer)
- Member of the Master Brewers Association
- Brewers Association – Boulder, CO